Aerial Arts or Aerial Dance refers to any of the acrobatic or circus style disciplines utilising suspended apparatus that hangs from a rigging point. The most common of these are Aerial Silks, Aerial Hoop (also known as a Lyra), Trapeze (which includes static, swinging, flying and dance trapeze), Aerial Rope, Straps, Hammocks and Cloud Swing, but there are many other unique apparatuses of different shapes and sizes.
Every class is suitable for students of all levels and booking is essential
Adult Aerial 18:00 – 19:00
Flex and bend with Anel 17:30 – 18:30
Adult & Child Aerial 18:30 – 19:30
Adult Aerial 18:30 – 19:30
Adult Aerial 09:00 – 10:00
Children’s Aerial 10:00 – 11:00
Children’s Aerial 11:00 – 12:00
We will be closing our general classes on Sunday, 23 December 2018 and reopening on Monday the 7th of January 2019.
We will still be open for private lessons. group bookings, birthday parties, venue hire, etc.
ADULT AERIAL CLASSES
(Aerial Silks and Aerial Lyra)
Drop in class: R140
Set of 5 classes: R550 (to be used within 6 weeks of purchase)
Set of 10 classes: R950 (to be used within 12 weeks of purchase)
Monthly Rate: R1000 (12 Aerial Classes and 2 Stretch Classes for the month)
The Marion Contract (Named after our Most Dedicated Student): R1350 (Unlimited Aerial Classes and 2 Stretch Classes for the month)
We require that all students book before attending a class. For students with aerial contracts, we require 24 hours’ notice of a booking cancellation. If you do not cancel within the 24 hour period the class will be deducted from your contract.
CHILDREN’S AERIAL CLASSES
Drop in class: R140
Monthly Aerial Rate: R450 (1 class a week)
Monthly Aerial Rate: R800 (2 classes a week)
FLEX AND BEND
Drop in class: R100
Set of 5 classes: R450 (to be used within 8 weeks of purchase)
Set of 10 classes: R900 (to be used within 12 weeks of purchase)
Monday till Saturday
Open Practice Session (no instructor): R150 per hour
One Person: R350 per hour
Two People: R500 per hour
Three People: R700 per hour
Four People: R800 per hour
Sunday or Public Holiday
Open Practice Session (no instructor): R200 per hour
One Person: R400 per hour
Two People: R550 per hour
Three People: R750 per hour
Four People: R850 per hour
– Working out on an aerial apparatus requires no contact with the skin and it is preferable to stay fully dressed to protect yourself from burns and bruises.
– Avoid loose clothing. Because it folds, this can inhibit your movement or even tear. Wear tight and comfortable clothes at all times.
– Jeans and shorts must be avoided.
– Select clothing without metal parts e.g. zips or belts, as this may cause damage or get stuck and cause injuries.
– Remove all jewellery.
– Keep your hair in a bun or a pony-tail.
– Appropriate options are tight t-shirts or vests, long leggings, and long-sleeved shirts. Bring a jersey to keep your muscles warm between play.
– No shoes are allowed on the equipment. Socks may be worn on the Lyra but barefoot is required for silks.
– Ask your instructor if you are unsure if what you are wearing is appropriate.
The above classes all take place at our studio in Montague Gardens. Please see our venue page for details and address information.